Author Topic: People are eating LAKE SIMCOES 6-8 SMALLMOUTH!!!!! 😞  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Fox Fishing 4K on YouTube

People are eating LAKE SIMCOES 6-8 SMALLMOUTH!!!!! 😞
« on: December 02, 2021, 01:51:16 pm »
Save THE UNICORNS!
Check out this video. Please consider releasing these magnificent fish.

We understand its people's legal right to eat them, but we ask that you consider releasing these fish. Lake Simcoe has some of the world's largest Smallmouth and they cannot sustain everyone keeping and eating them.

Thanks for watching.

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline chrismarkz

• Marquis Gardens
Re: People are eating LAKE SIMCOES 6-8 SMALLMOUTH!!!!! 😞
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 03:25:34 pm »
I'd love to know when the MNR will instate a Catch & release for bass after Oct 31st in Ontario. They have made progress with zone 20, as it's catch and release Jan 1st to May 10th, but even this needs to change as the late fall needs to be included.
You don't have to go far to see that it works.  The NY Erie waters, their season never close but limits only one fish to be kept over 20" only from November to 3rd week of June.  It seems to work and it keeps the meat hunters at bay.

I guess we have to wait until it is too late and try to rehabilitate a world-class fishery.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 03:28:23 pm by chrismarkz »

Offline Fisherman

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 08:06:05 pm »
Save THE UNICORNS!
Check out this video. Please consider releasing these magnificent fish.

We understand its people's legal right to eat them, but we ask that you consider releasing these fish. Lake Simcoe has some of the world's largest Smallmouth and they cannot sustain everyone keeping and eating them.

Thanks for watching.

Oh so you want people in their legal right to release the unicorns so you can keep catching and releasing them to amuse yourself. 

Offline juiceIW

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 02:04:02 pm »
what about all the lakers you and your clients pull out that never go back... then make a lure to catch more..... those are way more hurting then the fucking bass!!!
go back under your rock with your unicorns!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 12:01:21 am »
Juice W I truly hope your joking. If you aren't you have no clue what your talking about in regards to our fishery. They stock over 4 MILLION lake trout in Georgian Bay per year lol. Hardly the same thing!!

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 12:05:03 am »

Oh so you want people in their legal right to release the unicorns so you can keep catching and releasing them to amuse yourself.

UMM YES ACTUALLY! That is exactly what I am saying. So not only I can catch these fish for my amusement but so can you and others as well as future generations. If you eat them they are gone for good. So YES I am asking that you don't kill them so others can amuse themselves catching and releasing them. This is like shooting an albino moose. Just because it's legal does not mean you should do it. I just ask that you consider. The smaller bass likely taste better anyways.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:13:30 am by Fox Fishing 4K on YouTube »

Offline mksouthon

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 09:27:06 am »
This argument is like getting mad at someone going 100km/h on the highway because you're only going 70.  If it's legal, you can't get mad at them for doing it.  That said, a 6lb smallmouth can't be good eating, but I don't blame the angler, I blame the slot size rules