Author Topic: Lockdown  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Automated

Lockdown
« on: April 08, 2021, 12:24:42 pm »
I guess with lockdown province wide..  you could get fined if your out of jurisdiction.... to do little fishing... also.. probably close all government owned areas for shoreline fishing..
No spring trout run at saugeen or other great lake tribs

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Online CrescentBeachBum2

Re: Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 12:59:05 pm »
I think with stay at home orders, you might get fined even your jurisdiction.  Not 100% sure but
I never am with any of these orders.  Hard to call fishing essential or exercise though I'm sure someone
will chime in that is but don't tell me, tell the guy giving you the ticket.

CBB

Offline fishingmagician

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 01:13:15 pm »
It is my understanding that outdoor activities are still  allowed?
Nothings Safe

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 01:21:53 pm »
This is how it reads:  Effective Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., the government is issuing a province-wide Stay-at-Home order requiring everyone to remain at home except for essential purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services (including getting vaccinated), for outdoor exercise , or for work that cannot be done remotely.

CBB

Offline 5weight

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 01:43:28 pm »
Somehow golfing is still allowed, so Iíd have to assume that if you can drive to a golf course for that outdoor activity, you must be able to drive to a lake for fishing. 

Offline Automated

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 02:07:04 pm »
Like the way you think.... golfing is ok. . Sooooo.. 
Dont think is it ok to fish though ... if is province wide lockdown.. should start enforcing it province wide.  See WAY TOO MANY IDIOTS THAT I KNOW FOR FACT DONT ADHERE

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 02:07:49 pm »
I think it would be easier to describe golfing as exercise and again, only in your community.  The question is what does the
officer you meet decide.

CBB

Online fishfreek

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 02:38:47 pm »
Somehow golfing is still allowed, so Iíd have to assume that if you can drive to a golf course for that outdoor activity, you must be able to drive to a lake for fishing.
Iím not a big golfer but I will be fishing on some golf courses .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online simcoeslayer77

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 04:45:46 pm »
Third time around and were still asking these questions? A 10 second search and here is your answer.

https://www.ofah.org/covid19closures/

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 05:00:25 pm »
Third time around and were still asking these questions? A 10 second search and here is your answer.

https://www.ofah.org/covid19closures/

I don't think that answers anything.  OFAH has zero authority.  All that says is that Crown land and outdoor areas haven't been closed
and to follow Provincial guidelines which say you can only go out for essentials and exercise and only in your community.

Anyway, as much as I want to go for trout opener, I think the problem with these measures previously is that they aren't
that restrictive the way other countries have made them, other countries that have had better success.
Probably going to just stay home like the order says.

CBB

Online simcoeslayer77

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 05:49:33 pm »
Its the same as the previous stay at home order. If you go fishing (which you can) you chance getting a ticket. Some people will go, some people will stay home. Too little too late. We have to deal with it. Everyone has their opinion.

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 06:49:26 pm »
Sure, but the discussion was about what is allowed and although we had a "stay at home" order last spring, it wasn't enforced much
although some people did get ticketed.

I'm thinking this time round, the enforcement is bound to be stronger or why even bother because these half measures aren't
changing much.  I guess we'll see.  Wish I had a trout stream in my "community"!

CBB

Online Overtime

• VIP Member
  • It's a great day when you wake up each morning
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 07:31:17 pm »
I think I remember Ford,  in one of his photo ops, stating that fishing is ok.  It was in the first lockdown.  I see boats going up and down the river, guys fishing off shore, but I did see the RCMP trailering their boat.  I wonder what our local Mpp would say.

Stay Safe
Overtime

Online Mrbeee (Terry)

• VIP Member
  • Fishing God
    • lakesimcoemessageboard
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 08:03:29 pm »
Outdoor activity that you can social distance is encouraged
And that has fishing written all over it
Well except for the bucket people fishing side by side on the shoreline
Lake Simcoe the other Great Lake

Online fishfreek

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 08:28:23 pm »
It might look something like this.

Offline Crackers42

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 08:40:32 pm »
There fines getting handed out on the Detroit river right now and multiple other places including lake simcoe

One boat had five guys from different households and drove together

The rules are pretty simple mind your own business stick with your family and go fishing in your own district

If you are ignorant to take a chance and ignore the rules one deserves the ticket

The longer we stretch the rope the shorter it is going to get

Offline Crackers42

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 08:42:55 pm »
You can fish but donít take four neighbours and then rationalize to the MNR why it was ok

I saw it on the lake last weekend

Everyone know to carry common sense but no one wants the rules in ďtheir back yardĒ

Offline crappie168

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 09:15:19 pm »
There fines getting handed out on the Detroit river right now and multiple other places including lake simcoe

One boat had five guys from different households and drove together

The rules are pretty simple mind your own business stick with your family and go fishing in your own district

If you are ignorant to take a chance and ignore the rules one deserves the ticket

The longer we stretch the rope the shorter it is going to get

Show us the tickets

Online BB

• LOONY TOONER
  • VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2021, 04:46:27 am »

LMAO bud.

I,ll be fishing local and solo and tucked away from others on private property. I didn't tie all these fly's to collect dust . 8)

Offline John Whyte

• Time on the Water
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • Lake Simcoe Message Board
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2021, 07:32:02 am »
I don't believe anyone is getting tickets and I can't imagine how this would be enforced.

Watch the highways on Friday. They will be packed with cottagers. So far I have heard of one ramp being closed.

Just stick with your family only and be prepared to take everything with you.
I spend 250 days a year on the water and I still feel I'm missing Time on the Water.

Online Overtime

• VIP Member
  • It's a great day when you wake up each morning
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 09:06:40 am »
I don't believe anyone is getting tickets and I can't imagine how this would be enforced.

Watch the highways on Friday. They will be packed with cottagers. So far I have heard of one ramp being closed.

Wise words

Stay Safe
Overtime

Online Fishfood

• VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2021, 09:07:37 am »
A cop drove by me yesterday morning while I was shore fishing.

He slowed down and drove by nothing said   

Fished for 30 minutes no bites so I left when I got snagged and snapped off. Will try again in a few days maybe after the weekend.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 09:52:50 am »

While it wasn't fishing, I stood and watched as 2 cyclists got ticketed last spring at the end of my street (the lake) just for getting off their bikes and going down to the water.

I guess what I keep asking or wondering is if Ontario will ramp up enforcement.  In Australia when they did lockdown, they put extra cops and municipal officers on duty and it worked for them.

No doubt the highways will be full of cottagers though.

CBB

Offline xiaolu

• xiaolujin.com
  • VIP Member
  • xiaolujin.com
    • Fishing
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2021, 09:55:36 am »
Fishing is my kind of exercise, so yes I will head out to some lake this weekend and have some fishing, and of course I will be travelling and fishing all by myself (On my kayak and on a big lake it's quite easy to make sure no one else is around/close to me, unlike shore fishing I am sure:-)
xiaolujin.com ><((((">

Offline crappie168

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 11:07:53 am »

While it wasn't fishing, I stood and watched as 2 cyclists got ticketed last spring at the end of my street (the lake) just for getting off their bikes and going down to the water.

I guess what I keep asking or wondering is if Ontario will ramp up enforcement.  In Australia when they did lockdown, they put extra cops and municipal officers on duty and it worked for them.

Show us the copy of the ticket?

CBB

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2021, 11:26:33 am »

Show us the copy of the ticket?

CBB

I don't give a flying F*** what you believe.  I don't spend my time trying to create misinformation.
The cyclist showed me the ticket.  End of story.

CBB
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:28:04 am by CrescentBeachBum2 »

Online simcoeslayer77

• VIP Member
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2021, 11:43:20 am »
Could it be that the cyclist were not social distancing therefore the ticket was issued? Did they drive to the lake in a vehicle together but are not from the same household? All sorts of variables.  People get tickets every day.  It is up to the officers discretion whether or not someone is in violation and decide to issue a ticket. If they were ramping up enforcement,  I'm sure Mr. Ford would announce it.

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2021, 11:54:16 am »
There were several cyclists from a club.  There was a sign from the Region to stay off due to COVID.  The cyclists ride there every weekend
in good weather and usually have a break and sometimes a swim. 

All but two of the 8 or so cyclists stayed off the chunk of shore they usually go on because of the sign.  2 decided to take off their shoes and
go stand in the water.  I was walking my dog and started chatting with the other cyclists when the bylaw officer pulled up and ticketed the two
in the water.

I'm not trying to influence anybody.  I'm just wondering if enforcement will get ramped up.

Tight lines to all.

CBB

Online fishfreek

• VIP Member
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2021, 11:59:13 am »

LMAO bud.

I,ll be fishing local and solo and tucked away from others on private property. I didn't tie all these fly's to collect dust . 8)
Yes, Iíve been fishing the rivers on my own as well. Opener Iíll be staying local and continuing solo . Hopefully in May I can take a trip way east and do a weekend with the boys before the fish flush back to the lake.

Offline Crackers42

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2021, 12:05:26 pm »
Crappie148: you ignorant fuxx

Go to the Detroit river launch and find out

I am merely letting people know I donít take my day and watch people get tickets

Better yet get a ticket if you are that confident and go fight it

Simply put donít fish with anyone outside of your household and this will go away soon

Online Mrbeee (Terry)

• VIP Member
  • Fishing God
    • lakesimcoemessageboard
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2021, 04:36:27 pm »
Innisfil gave out tickets last time but not for fishing and not for travel but any areas the the health department deemed closed  and people moved the barrier or tried to launch a boat  or was in a large group got a ticket
Lake Simcoe the other Great Lake

Online simcoeslayer77

• VIP Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2021, 04:47:57 pm »
Innisfil gave out tickets last time but not for fishing and not for travel but any areas the the health department deemed closed  and people moved the barrier or tried to launch a boat  or was in a large group got a ticket
This makes sense... thanks for sharing

Offline Monarch

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2021, 05:13:55 pm »
If you go alone in the boat, nobody will give you a ticket. I was in the boat last week end on Simcoe, the cops were checking all the boats including mine. There was a boat with 5 guys just beside me, they had all paper in order, cops didn't have anything to say. The cops didn't wear masks and they were getting close to the boats so that they could reach the papers handed to them. That's true it was before lockdown.

From https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions : Gatherings
You are not allowed to gather indoors with anyone you do not live with.

Limit close contact to only members of your household (the people you live with). If you live alone, you can have close contact with only one other household.

You must stay at least two metres apart from everyone else and wear a mask or face covering during permitted events or social gatherings.

You should not travel outside your region or the province unless absolutely necessary.

Gathering limits
All events and social gatherings:

Indoors: not allowed, except with members of your household (or one other household if you live alone)
Outside: 5 people
Religious, wedding and funeral services:

Indoors: 15% capacity of the room
Outside: the number of people that can keep two metres physical distance from each other
Receptions are not permitted indoors and are limited to five people outdoors

Offline xiaolu

• xiaolujin.com
  • VIP Member
  • xiaolujin.com
    • Fishing
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2021, 06:25:20 pm »
If you go alone in the boat, nobody will give you a ticket. I was in the boat last week end on Simcoe, the cops were checking all the boats including mine. There was a boat with 5 guys just beside me, they had all paper in order, cops didn't have anything to say. The cops didn't wear masks and they were getting close to the boats so that they could reach the papers handed to them. That's true it was before lockdown.

Limit close contact to only members of your household (the people you live with). If you live alone, you can have close contact with only one other household.

You must stay at least two metres apart from everyone else and wear a mask or face covering during permitted events or social gatherings.

You should not travel outside your region or the province unless absolutely necessary.

Gathering limits

Indoors: not allowed, except with members of your household (or one other household if you live alone)

Outside: the number of people that can keep two metres physical distance from each other
Yes, this is also what I read, that is:

"You SHOULD not travel outside your region or the province unless absolutely necessary."

Not "You MUST not travel outside your region or the province unless absolutely necessary."
xiaolujin.com ><((((">

Offline Monarch

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2021, 08:24:29 pm »

Gathering limits

Yes, this is also what I read, that is:

"You SHOULD not travel outside your region or the province unless absolutely necessary."

Not "You MUST not travel outside your region or the province unless absolutely necessary."

And what's your region ? Any definition of that ?