Author Topic: Slow  (Read 2819 times)

Offline simcoeslayer77

• VIP Member
Slow
« on: February 26, 2021, 06:55:13 pm »
Did a little recon today as I had a few hrs to kill. I haven't fished Simcoe in a few weeks and would like to get the kids out now walking conditions are favorable. Headed out of Lefroy and set up in 35 fow.  Got a few dink perch and had some large marks coming up off bottom,  presumably whities. Seemed as if everything  was tight lipped. Moved in to 15 fow out of curiosity and notta. I spoke with a fellow who fished Gilford yesterday and he stated the fishing was better south. Perhaps the perch have started to head into Cooks already? A few buddies fished Beaverton yesterday with poor results.  Looks like I will give the old stomping grounds a try tomorrow,  hopefully with better luck.

SS77

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline fishfreek

• VIP Member
Re: Slow
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 07:26:27 pm »
Was out that way on Thursday at 23 Feet, seemed like a nursery. Dink after dink after dink. 35,30 and then 13 feet at the end had the same results. Off the ice and home in time for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fishfreek

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 07:28:59 pm »
Was out that way on Thursday at 23 Feet, seemed like a nursery. Dink after dink after dink. 35,30 and then 13 feet at the end had the same results. Off the ice and home in time for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Icecy

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 08:46:56 pm »
Similar story for us today too. Was fishing the east end near Port Bolster. Me and wife stayed at 20' (around the same spot I had a very good day last week) , buddy went for running & gunning.  Day's total for 3 of us was 4 miserable perch. 3 for him, 1 for us. I was able to see the bottom on 20' and less than a dozen perch showed up all day long. Buddy said he tried many different spots but decided to set-up near us for the rest of the day......Slow was an understatement  :(

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:52:04 pm by Icecy »

Offline Fishfood

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 08:55:32 pm »
I saw way less fish today than on Wednesday.  But still ended with the same results go figure lol.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Offline Icecy

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 09:02:14 pm »
I saw way less fish today than on Wednesday.  But still ended with the same results go figure lol.

And the results are?.... Lady Simcoe offered only 4 perch for 3 of us today  :o

Offline Fishfood

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 09:53:34 pm »
 went 3 for 4  on the whitties both days.  But only marked  half the amount  I did the other day lol.  Wednesday lots of lookers and marks, today marks were few and far between.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:57:40 pm by Fishfood »

Offline Sportsman

• VIP Member
  • Its a life style which I'm enjoying
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 11:07:32 pm »
Slow today
x2

Offline Knotfishin

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 08:30:49 am »
First time totally skunked perch fishing on simcoe,   I mean not even a mark !  Moved 7 times over 6 hours and never found them, East Side beaverton towards Thorah.

Offline Ghoti

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 02:28:10 pm »
Hey SS77.  My wife and I were out there too (and from that photo of yours, looks like you were not far east of us).  We were in a blue/black Otter thermal pop-up.  Same results.  We also did notice some larger slower moving marks that didn't want anything we offered.  Tons of dinks below us and sometimes our sonar filled up so much that we couldn't see out own baits.  Not a single keeper and even the dinks were not in much of a mood to bite too so we had to work on even trying to catch the dinks.  Tried a few depths in that region from 25-43'  All the same results.

Offline simcoeslayer77

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 02:38:49 pm »
Hey SS77.  My wife and I were out there too (and from that photo of yours, looks like you were not far east of us).  We were in a blue/black Otter thermal pop-up.  Same results.  We also did notice some larger slower moving marks that didn't want anything we offered.  Tons of dinks below us and sometimes our sonar filled up so much that we couldn't see out own baits.  Not a single keeper and even the dinks were not in much of a mood to bite too so we had to work on even trying to catch the dinks.  Tried a few depths in that region from 25-43'  All the same results.
Yes i seen you. Hopefully things turn around soon

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline Icecy

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 07:37:48 pm »
went 3 for 4  on the whitties both days.  But only marked  half the amount  I did the other day lol.  Wednesday lots of lookers and marks, today marks were few and far between.

Got it, conrats on your 3 for 4.  I haven't been out for whitefish yet. Will try this coming week for the first time. Hope i can find some and get them to bite. Crossing fingers.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:39:21 pm by Icecy »

Offline KWslammer

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 06:38:05 am »
Pretty dismal results for me as well on Friday.  Got on the ice at the end of Gilford Rd and took the SE trail to the blue huts for first light in 16 fow.  Picked up a couple of keepers but then the dinks moved in. 

I moved south to the buoys stopping several times and couldn't get a bite.  Managed to coax the odd small fish to look but no takers.  Moved over to the west side in 7 fow and have never seen so few fish.  No bites all the way back to Gilford. 

The weather was beautiful and the walking was great so not a total loss.  February blahs I guess.

Jake
><///(° >  ¿