Author Topic: X67c Ice machine  (Read 3207 times)

Offline service124

X67c Ice machine
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:02:07 am »
Just looking for some help. I have an  x67c ice machine. Great unit. I’ve had it since it first came out. Having issues with the transducer/ power cables, unit turns on and off. ( Battery is good)Does anyone know where I can get replacements or I Was thinking of replacing whole unit but there is such a huge selection out there. Does anyone recommend a specific type that would be similar. Please note that I only use it in the winter.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Brooktrout

• Hunting - something to do between fishing seasons!
  • VIP Member
Re: X67c Ice machine
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:59 am »
A few years ago I bought a spare transducer for my X67 from Radioworld.  At the time, they carried them - you may want to check and see what, if any they still carry.

I can't speak for other brands, but I believe the Hook Series by Lowrance is what replaced the x67.  I've heard they are good units.  You just can't network them if you're installing on a boat.
I've spent most of my life fishing.  The rest I've wasted.

Offline service124

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 09:17:06 am »
Thank you
Will give them a call today

Offline Mauro

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 09:24:46 am »
Try cleaning the contacts of the power cord. Sometimes they corrode a little and don’t make good contact causing the unit to turn on and off.

Offline hatcheryman

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:39:52 am »
Are you sure the battery is good? I have 2 of these units and I found if the unit turns on and off it is usually a low battery. Try using another battery. See what voltage you are getting.

Offline BB

• LOONY TOONER
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 04:10:54 pm »
A few years ago I bought a spare transducer for my X67 from Radioworld.  At the time, they carried them - you may want to check and see what, if any they still carry.

I can't speak for other brands, but I believe the Hook Series by Lowrance is what replaced the x67.  I've heard they are good units.  You just can't network them if you're installing on a boat.

I thought the elite 4x was the next step up for the X67 . Mine works just the same as the X67 IMO .

Offline Brooktrout

• Hunting - something to do between fishing seasons!
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 04:58:22 pm »

I thought the elite 4x was the next step up for the X67 . Mine works just the same as the X67 IMO .

Yes you are right!  I have an elite 4 that I've mounted to my bike and sled for the GPS, but they work great for sonars too, and easy to set up.
I've spent most of my life fishing.  The rest I've wasted.

Offline pipeguy

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 08:09:17 pm »
i may have a transducer for you, can you send a pic of yours with connection.
Fred

Offline service124

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 08:45:38 pm »
Guys thank you for all your advice. I really appreciate it. I will send a pic out once I get home.

Offline service124

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 09:39:28 pm »

Offline service124

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 09:40:26 pm »

Offline service124

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 09:50:49 pm »
Gentlemen
What do you guys think of the Helix 7
I think it’s time for an upgrade! Still going to keep the x67and see if I come across a new transducer/ power cables. Output on battery is good 11.8-11.9. There must be something wrong with the unit or cables. Unit comes on and stays on but it’s not reading fow. Spoke to the guys at RW they told me it wasn’t even worth it to fix it.

Offline BB

• LOONY TOONER
  • VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 04:51:09 am »
That is the same plug as my Elite 4X . You can still buy that ducer.

Paul, my Elite 4X did not come with GPS. Unless I never noticed it . LOL

Offline xiaolu

• xiaolujin.com
  • VIP Member
  • xiaolujin.com
    • Fishing
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 06:53:56 am »
That is the same plug as my Elite 4X . You can still buy that ducer.

Paul, my Elite 4X did not come with GPS. Unless I never noticed it . LOL
You Brian got more than you need, that is, an 'X', hence no GPS:-)

(ELITE 4, 5 has GPS, but 4X, 5X does not)
xiaolujin.com ><((((">

Offline juiceIW

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 09:04:35 am »
give angling outfitters in woodstock a call jos is a huge lowrance dealer

Offline Newburg007

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 09:38:02 am »
The iceducer for this model is "PTI-WSU". It will also fit the Elite 4 and 5 models. (I believe the Hook versions as well - ?  I have never owned a Hook version.)

Cdn Tire had them for about $90.  The last I bought one, I believe it was about $100-109 range.

On a side note, ....if you have issues with the new one, call Lowrance and explain the this issue. Their customer service is good. I mention this because one that came with their ice kit (bag, battery, etc.) didn't work and they simply sent me a new iceducer. No charge.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 10:07:18 am »
I have the x67, whenever Ive had an issue with it in years past, it was always the battery.  I plan on upgrading soon.  Likely will go with the Garmin Striker 4.  For the amount of ice fishing i do now this seems to be the best entry level option.  I dont need a big screen or all the bells and whistles. 

Offline Wadgey

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 12:36:55 pm »
Gentlemen
What do you guys think of the Helix 7
I think it’s time for an upgrade! Still going to keep the x67and see if I come across a new transducer/ power cables. Output on battery is good 11.8-11.9. There must be something wrong with the unit or cables. Unit comes on and stays on but it’s not reading fow. Spoke to the guys at RW they told me it wasn’t even worth it to fix it.

I have the Helix 7 and love it

Offline goodsteward

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 07:13:32 pm »
I know its been mentioned before but I strongly suspect its the battery.  Mine would shut on and off but since I could turn it on again I thought the battery was fine.  That wasn't the case and once I replaced it the unit is smooth as silk again.

I've had my X67 for about 15 years and just it summer and winter.  Just love it.

Offline Dano

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 03:39:12 pm »
A somewhat related question. My son has this unit and it refuses to register a depth.  It sits there flashing 0.0 was a depth, obviously when it's in a lake. LOL.

Does that sound like a transducer problem.  Perhaps the contact that receive the return signal from the transducer?
Tx for any feedback.

Offline Fisherman

• VIP Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 04:25:40 pm »
I would suspect the transducer.  Turn it on and see if you can hear the transducer "clicking",  have to get your ear pretty close.  No clicky, maybe broke from rough handling.

Offline BB

• LOONY TOONER
  • VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 05:00:36 pm »
I would suspect the transducer.  Turn it on and see if you can hear the transducer "clicking",  have to get your ear pretty close.  No clicky, maybe broke from rough handling.

If the ping is set to fast, he would be able to feel it .

Offline Fisherman

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 05:42:29 pm »

If the ping is set to fast, he would be able to feel it .
;D  You know what some guys would do with it.

Offline pipeguy

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 08:30:10 pm »
i have that ducer if you need it soot me a PM if you want, thanks.
Fred

Offline Dano

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2021, 10:17:58 am »
Thanks guys.  I'll get him to listen for the "click".  I might need that transducer Fred.  I'll let you know.  Tx again.

Offline 12volt

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2021, 10:52:43 am »
If you ever hooked your transducer with your lure there’s a good chance you punctured the rubber outer coating. I had the same problem so I bought a new transducer and it worked like new. I cut the old cable open and found the inside all rotted out from water getting in.

Offline service124

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2021, 08:48:44 pm »
You are bang on. I ended up replacing my transducer and unit works perfectly again. I cut open the rubber shield and sure enough wires were corroded.

Offline Dano

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2021, 11:40:44 am »
The unit works fine with my transducer on it.  His transducer pings but not consistently so yes it's the transducer.  Tx guys.