Author Topic: Huge Lake Nipissing Burbot  (Read 2114 times)

Online BB

• LOONY TOONER
  • VIP Member
Huge Lake Nipissing Burbot
« on: January 12, 2021, 05:45:20 am »

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline mksouthon

• VIP Member
Re: Huge Lake Nipissing Burbot
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 07:50:19 am »
What a giant!!! I can't believe it made it through the hole there.  Some nice walters caught in that video as well

Offline Fishfood

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 08:37:12 am »
Nice fish looks like a great day.

Heard that the cops are checking Nipissing now to see if they are residents . Not sure what they are doing about it but soon I'm sure they will have the power to stop a non resident from fishing there.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Offline mksouthon

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 09:21:57 am »
Nice fish looks like a great day.

Heard that the cops are checking Nipissing now to see if they are residents . Not sure what they are doing about it but soon I'm sure they will have the power to stop a non resident from fishing there.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Let's hope this is not the case, I'm hoping to get up there for a couple day trips in March if possible

Offline CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 10:05:51 am »
I watched that video on Friday night before I snuck away up north to Lake X to chase walleye.  Got me totally stoked but
I came home with the smell of skunk anyway.  Did have one nice one on a set line that snapped my fluro leader.

I've never fished Nipissing but I have buddies that have rented bungalows every year and they always come back
complaining.  You know, 7 guys catch 3 little walleye over three days but this video was nuts -- non stop walleye bite!

CBB

Offline mksouthon

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 02:17:47 pm »
I watched that video on Friday night before I snuck away up north to Lake X to chase walleye.  Got me totally stoked but
I came home with the smell of skunk anyway.  Did have one nice one on a set line that snapped my fluro leader.

I've never fished Nipissing but I have buddies that have rented bungalows every year and they always come back
complaining.  You know, 7 guys catch 3 little walleye over three days but this video was nuts -- non stop walleye bite!

CBB

We made our first trip up to Nipissing in March 2020 and it was awesome.  4 of us from Fri-Sun in a bungalow and caught at least 75 walleye between us.  Was a great time, and we were hoping to go back this year but doesn't look like it'll be allowed.

Offline Edchris

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 02:33:32 pm »
Reminds me of the burbot  we used to catch off the West coast, that size was the norm. Halibut fishing was even crazier, out of Ucluelet, 100 lbers were not uncommon, though they’re not a fighting fish. Winch them off the bottom, but all hell could break loose once in the boat.
Man I’m missing the West, can’t wait for retirement.