Author Topic: How Much is This Auger Worth?  (Read 484 times)

Offline Sportsman

• VIP Member
  • Its a life style
How Much is This Auger Worth?
« on: October 26, 2020, 03:24:52 pm »
My first hand auger was similar but not this good.  This style is FAR less common but it shouldn’t be !

Its easier drilling because of the offset handle.  It sets up quickly because you dont have to screw it together

Im going to sell because i have 2 ...What do you guys think i should ask for it?

Its an 8”
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 03:26:41 pm by Sportsman »

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline BB

• LOONY TOONER
  • VIP Member
Re: How Much is This Auger Worth?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 03:47:36 pm »
Since you asked, I would say $30-$40 . Many now are going with the curved blades, which really do cut much better then the flat blades. Plus hand drilling an 8" well, not I. LOL

JMHO Sportsman.

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 04:54:40 pm »
I have the 8" offset handle with curved blades.  I think it was the Fin-bore.  It was great and easy to drill even through thick ice.
My only complaint was that I was shite at sharpening curved blades.  I have Lee Valley sharpening jigs but they only work
on straight blades.  I tried freehand but it ruined them.  Bought new blades a couple times and then went back to 6'' straight.

This year however, I will debut the 10" Ion I picked up from Mr. Whyte.  Bring on the ice!

CBB

Online CrescentBeachBum2

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 04:58:40 pm »
Sorry, I didn't answer the actual question.  Pretty sure they are about $140 new so I think BB is about right for used, maybe a little low.

CBB