Author Topic: Flipping jigs and a couple of poppers  (Read 1251 times)

Offline BB

• LOONY TOONER
  • VIP Member
Flipping jigs and a couple of poppers
« on: June 25, 2020, 12:39:24 pm »
 I received a box full of bass flipp,n jigs from a buddy a while back. The thought was to tie jigs for deep water lakers or pikeral. Just cut off the weed guard . This was not why I excepted them. I wanted to tie flipp,n jigs. The biggest obstacle was tying around that guard.  Pain in the a$$ . So get to thinking on how to keep it out of the way . Came up with , a small nail and paper clip solution . Just push the guard towards and over the eye,insert nail through the eye loop and attach the paper clip . Worked great . To get the guard back to it,s proper shape and location, I just clipped the guard to the hook and let it sit for 5 minutes and the jig was back to normal. Knowing they would take a beat,n, lots of super glue and hard as nails was used on the wraps and securing the half hitch knots . Cut some body parts from thin foam. Ya,rubber would of been better, but do not have any. LOL

Anyhoo

These are what I came up with. They should work .

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline CrescentBeachBum2

Re: Flipping jigs and a couple of poppers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 12:46:47 pm »
As always, very cool BB!

Hope to see a pic of one of those hooked in something's big mouth!

CBB

Offline MantaRay14

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 08:54:02 am »
Nice work Brian. Tied my first fly popper in '86 and was like a kid in a candy store when I found the bass.I absolutely love top water hits. Look forward to some pics.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Toothhealer88

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 01:04:07 pm »
Those hair jigs look great