Author Topic: White Fish Quicky  (Read 4675 times)

poickster

White Fish Quicky
« on: February 04, 2020, 08:55:09 pm »
Please delete
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 01:47:33 pm by Laughin Loon Fishin »

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Fishfood

• VIP Member
Re: White Fish Quicky
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 12:17:25 am »
Nice going great video. Only 1 gotcha lol .

That big hole tho you should mark with a small tree branch or a small tree so we can find it .

No jk just so nobody steps in it they can be small booby traps the next day or a few days later.  Even the 10 inch holes can drop a leg into them. I have done it I seen a Co fall into one, right up past his knee.  He looked peed off after that lol. A few years ago on bernard  an ambulance on shore   people  transported someone with a broken leg from stepping into a hole.

Keep up the great vids.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Offline Livin4fishin

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 08:18:15 am »
Great result. Great video. Way to go.
L4F - There is more to fishin' than just fishin

poickster

White Fish Quicky
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:27:42 am »

That big hole tho you should mark with a small tree branch or a small tree so we can find it .

No jk just so nobody steps in it they can be small booby traps the next day or a few days later.  Even the 10 inch holes can drop a leg into them. I have done it I seen a Co fall into one, right up past his knee.  He looked peed off after that lol. A few years ago on bernard  an ambulance on shore   people  transported someone with a broken leg from stepping into a hole.

Keep up the great vids.

Thank my friend.  The the gotchas come naturally and I actually giggled a little once I noticed I did it again. lol   
LLF switch's to.  "GOTCHA FISHING".     

As for the hole I do not mark them with a branch or anything but I try my hardest to make it as visible as possible and in most cases I take snow or ice chop and pile it around the hole to make a mound .     

It's hit or miss though.    Your not gonna step on a mound of snow out there like that but a snow moblile might hit a frozen mound and take some damage.     

I don't normally cut holes that big but I was putting a theory to the test yesterday. 

Thanks again for watching  and the kind words of advice.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:30:01 am by Laughin Loon Fishin »

Offline BB

• LOONY TOONER
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 06:52:49 pm »
When you drop something down the hole, I mean holes,I dont want to hear you whining about it. LMAO

I'm with Tim on this one bud. You got to mark those big ass holes. I bow branch weighs nada to take out with ya.

I seen that first hit and miss. :o I have been doing the same. LOL

Offline The kayaker

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 08:04:07 am »
Sometimes, hole hopping can be a detriment to finding active fish...
I find early in the season, they’ll come to me because they are feeding so aggressively. Once mid Feb. comes, that’s when I need to start looking for active fish.

I hope my 4 y.o. doesn’t step in that hole of yours. That will swallow him whole. Making holes obvious with ice chips is simply not sufficient. Warm weather, sun and rain will have a field day on your obvious ice chips. There’s a reason why folks use branches to mark dangerous areas.

Have a good rest of season.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:13:25 pm by The kayaker »

poickster

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 01:46:03 pm »
Fair enough guys.  I'll keep my holes to myself. 
Thank you for the kinda words of concern.   

Offline VB

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 07:44:52 am »

Keep up the great vids.

That guy on Bernard was hauling ass hard because he had a bite while talking to a buddy and didnt see the hole on his way to his rod. Broke it real bad.