Author Topic: Ice Reports 2014/2015  (Read 8973 times)

Offline John Whyte

• Time on the Water
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • Lake Simcoe Message Board
Ice Reports 2014/2015
« on: January 21, 2015, 10:56:16 am »
If you have an ice report or would like to warn the members of troubled areas please post it here. As the season progresses we would like to include information such as ice travel conditions for snowmobiles and ATV's
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 09:31:38 am by John Whyte »
I spend 250 days a year on the water and I still feel I'm missing Time on the Water.

Online LakeSimcoe MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline tonyb

Re: Ice Reports
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:22:51 am »
We saw a snowmobile in the distance go through a crack at BBP on Sunday when we were walking back in.

Be careful out there, or walk.  It's not worth losing a machine and polluting the lake in the process.

Offline romanwarrior

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 11:27:52 am »
McPhee Bay to 4 mile point to strawberry island is a minefiels of broken and refrozen ice.For that matter,Brechin and Beaverton to Thorah are about the same.Bring a new neck and spine for after fishing.

Offline 1Aquaholic

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 09:25:40 pm »
solid ice 12" plus but some interesting pressure cracks and openings off north side of BBP today. heads up out there.

Offline bubba

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 01:21:26 pm »
Port Bolster had 10 - 12 inches of ice yesterday, Jan. 23.    Drove out on the quad.    Travel was slippery as I didn't have my chains on... installing them today.

Offline John Whyte

• Time on the Water
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
North Simcoe
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 04:25:20 am »
The north end of Simcoe from Carthew Bay south has many bad pressure cracks, the worst I have every seen. The areas in front of Strawberry Island out 5km is a mess of cracks and broken ice. It is not safe for ATV's and sledders should use extreme caution.
I spend 250 days a year on the water and I still feel I'm missing Time on the Water.

Offline seabass

Re: North Simcoe
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 10:02:39 am »
The north end of Simcoe from Carthew Bay south has many bad pressure cracks, the worst I have every seen. The areas in front of Strawberry Island out 5km is a mess of cracks and broken ice. It is not safe for ATV's and sledders should use extreme caution.

Hi John, any word if there has been any improvement in conditions out there as the week moves on? Hopefully the warm up tomorrow (-2 forecast) doesn't open things back up.  Looks like back to snow and cold for the weekend.
"old-El-bass-o"

Offline John Whyte

• Time on the Water
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 07:32:26 pm »

We need some snow. The cracks looked tame today.

Hi John, any word if there has been any improvement in conditions out there as the week moves on? Hopefully the warm up tomorrow (-2 forecast) doesn't open things back up.  Looks like back to snow and cold for the weekend.