Bait & Tackle
August 29, 2014, 05:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Photo Albums Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cabela's coming to Barrie  (Read 1306 times)
dickie66

« on: July 25, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »

Another option for your outdoor needs in 2014!
http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/cabela-plans-to-open-a-barrie-store-in-2014-1.1383085
brooktrout
Hunting - something to do between fishing seasons!
VIP Member

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 12:55:21 PM »

I better start saving my coins now!  Actually I could just sell the house, and set up in the camping section. LOL  Grin

I've spent most of my life fishing.  The rest I've wasted.
Crappieperchhunter

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »

Love Cabela's. But when I read it was only 70,000 square feet...well that took the wind right out of my sails. That is so small. They won't even come close to having anything in comparison to there American counterparts.

I know I'll still stop in for a boo...but I'm figuring it won't be anymore worthwhile then BPS in Vaughn...a store I absolutely loathe.
christotheashto

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »

who cares how big it is? for people in or around barrie this is a fantastic announcement. no more driving 40 minutes to get to BPS or SAIL. i for one am very excited.
KevB81

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:59:18 PM »

Sounds good to me!! take anything non fishing related and would be much left of bass pro...
Wilbur007

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »

Love Cabela's. But when I read it was only 70,000 square feet...well that took the wind right out of my sails. That is so small. They won't even come close to having anything in comparison to there American counterparts.

I know I'll still stop in for a boo...but I'm figuring it won't be anymore worthwhile then BPS in Vaughn...a store I absolutely loathe.

Remember, you can order from their catalogue and have it delivered to the store (obviously at no charge).
BootScoot

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 01:52:41 AM »

Remember, you can order from their catalogue and have it delivered to the store (obviously at no charge).

Just to be clear, the Cabelas stores in Canada don't carry near as much stuff as the ones in the States; it will, however, be a drastic improvement over what Barrie currently has to offer: nothing.
Markv8

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 02:16:15 AM »

That's what I was thinkin as well... Not as much gear and higher prices. Still good to have big box store closer to georgian bay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: