Bait & Tackle
September 19, 2014, 11:48:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Photo Albums Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishing the nottawasaga river  (Read 5342 times)
Truestylz12

« on: March 11, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »

Looking to try fishing the notti just looking for any info or recommendations where to go or any other info.  Thinking of trying angus area
Not to sure where the catch and release section is have some charts I found but any info would be great.
Just looking to get out until its time toget the boat outta storage

Bow Hunter

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »

Above the Pine River (@ the Nottawasaga conservation authority) up to the mouth of the Boyne (just below nicholson dam) is the C&R areas.  Anything below Pine is fair game.

Right now the water is up to the top of the bank!!

This time of year....GO SOUTH-EAST!!!!!!!!

Steelies should be plentiful!!!

Or, fish the mouth of the tribs in G-Bay.

Cheers and good luck!
Truestylz12

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 01:14:19 PM »

Thanks for the info. So where abouts now are u suggesting
Kingsransom
Restricted

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »

If your going to that area and your planning on fishing the south side of the Hwy make sure you get the township lic (40.00)at the hardware store in town
North side past second green hydro pole,you don't need Lic.

Great spot to fish i hammered them big time last fall.

Frank
Truestylz12

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »

Tens like very helpful info to bad I don't know my east west south very well lol road names I'm good with tho hahaha

Thanks
Kingsransom
Restricted

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »

you will know it when you get a 180 dollar fine lol

lots there have fun
Truestylz12

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »

Hahahahaha very true it's one way to learn
Grandpa Jim
VIP Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:09:36 PM »

Fishing Licences are a provincial concern. I think Frank is likely referring to the Essa Township Park passes that are needed to enter the four Township Parks that encompass portions of the Nottawasaga River. If you are a property owner in Essa and over 65 years of age you don't need a pass to fish from the 4 Parks properties. A one day pass is $10. Penny at Rack and Reel in Barrie has these available as well as the full year pass at $40.
Georgian Bay trib mouths and the shale ledges off Craigleith might be a better alternative as Bow Hunter has suggested. A simple high rod stand, roe sacks and egg sinkers are all that is needed to fish Craigleith from the shoreline. A small tinny can be launched at Craigleith if you prefer trolling. Small jointed Rapalas (orange and gold) and AC Shiner stick baits (customized orange belly and back) can be flatlined very productively in the early morning. Watch for shoals. Collingwood, Thornbury and Meaford all have launch facilities as well.

"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young
chris

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 09:26:12 PM »

:)I live on the notta river in angus on DON ROSS DR just from hwy 90 park. You may fish only from pine river on the south side of hwy 90, and from there down, NORTH to collingw ood mouth. I live on the river and the water is very high right now. But the RAINBOWS ARE UP. I will keep you guy's up dated soon.
Truestylz12

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »

Oh nice thanks for the update. I just wanna know how far up I gotta go where the border line is for that 40$ fee ends cause I'm not paying more money to fish a river lol
I know it's essa township but wanna know the name of the road that it ends at of possible or just keep it simple and head to the mouth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: